Old 17-07-2012, 12:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Chili Plants

JCeldran_0611 wrote:
Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I recently received a packet of Chili seeds from
my grandmother who have successfully grown some, these seeds are from
a Chili she harvested from the plant she grew. My problem is that I
can't seem to get them to grow, I've been watering them for a week
but there doesn't seem to be any signs of growth. I'm growing them in
nursery pots.

If I understand you the seeds are not germinating. They need to be warm
(not hot) and damp (not wet). In general warm season plants like chillis
need warm conditions to germinate their seeds too, there are some seeds that
sprout in cold soil but not many. As Billy says wait a while yet before
giving up. If you have them in good conditions and none have sprouted in
three weeks the seed is no good.