Old 16-07-2012, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default gardening shoes

Janet Tweedy wrote:
Tie the bow and then tie a knot in the bow, used to be my preferred method.

Done that and done that they still unravel.

There are 2 ways to knot after bowing - if you knot the way I do, it is
easier to undo, and you can still pull it open by pulling the correct
lace (although harder to pull than a bow). If you swap the over/under
and knot it, it's a lot harder to undo (except I can't make myself tie
them that way, however hard I try!)

My shoes at the moment undo 2 or 3 times a day, and I think it's due to
the laces being very flat. It's very annoying.