Old 17-07-2012, 01:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default On Topic of Gardening

"Jake" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 13:05:54 +0100, "Sue" wrote:

Good grief. Can planners just insist that any ridiculous thing they like
is written into the deeds of a house? It's one thing to insist that a
replacement sapling would be planted by the householder if some special
tree dies, but a 25 yr old sized one?!

What planners do is attach a landscaping plan to the planning consent
when an estate is built and write in conditions to ensure that the
landscape "matures". AFAIK, the 25 year bit is because they can't
insist on longer for some strange reason. Then the developer writes
any necessary conditions into deeds for individual plots.

I just happen to have this tree. I think there are about 9 other plots
on the development with similar conditions.

And I have much dafter things in the deeds relating to cows, chickens,
descendants of George V and a woman who died in the 40s.

You should see my deeds. I can keep pigs if I want to (that would interest
my new bad neighbours, wouldn't it?}

I cannot be a manure merchant or a tallow candler maker. That is totally
forbidden on the deeds. Damn it ;-)