Old 17-07-2012, 09:49 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
When watering the plant I give them a good glug from the watering can but should I be giving them a soaking or just a light wetting?

I will check the temps during day and night but it is getting down to 10 degrees celcius outside so maybe 14 degrees inside at best?
Give them a thorough soaking, but then let it get fairly dry before watering again.

We just haven't had the occasional warm nights you usually get in high summer this year. I think this is part of the reason they aren't setting fruit. I believe that greenhouse growers try to keep the overnight min above 16 when setting fruit.

I've been growing rocotos (Cap. pubescens) the last couple of years which are supposedly more cold tolerant than any others, but they don't like this weather.