Old 17-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Stevie Stevie is offline
Registered User

Hi There,

I don't think it is excessive heat, the outside temps in the North West of England have been abismal this year. Barely any sunshine either over the last few weeks which I think is possibly the issue. I am strict with my watering and fertiliser and the plants were happy up until recently.

I am going to try giving them a soaking and then letting them dry out and see if that helps. My larger plants are in 20cm pots but have stopped growing now so maybe increase the pot size but my concern is that once winter arrives it is much too cold in the conservatory so if they get too big I will have nowhere to put them.

Thanks again,
Stevie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnnursery View Post
Sometimes, under or overwatering can cause this to happen. Another thing could be excessive heat (move to a more shaded area). We grow these by the thousands and i bet you it's one or the other Ive mentioned. Rarely they also developa blight. We use bean bug powder or sprays to remove this. If you notice the leaves getting tiny holes in them or a mildew then its probably due to a blight.