Old 17-07-2012, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Potatoes

On 2012-07-17 16:50:10 +0100, "Ophelia" said:

"Baz" wrote in message

Very nicely put, Sacha! In my case I am nervous about asking
questions so basic that our Baz will guffaw at me!

Our Baz has never "guffawed" at you. Have I? Not a chance of that. I
thought that we have got on great! If I have written anything that has
insulted or annoyed you. Sorry.

Nahh don't be daft! You have never guffawed at me! T'was a joke dear
Baz, I
promise

Although if you knew what my question is you just might and I wouldn't
blame
you) If Sacha thinks I might not get laughed at too much, I might
post it

--

Oh go on - we're all dying with curiosity now!!

And with a day of fog and on and off drizzle we need something to cheer us
up, promise I wont laugh out loud, well not loud enough for you to hear.
David @ a foggy and damp end of Swansea Bay where November seem to have
set in.

Oh go on, laugh out loud if you want, just remember I am very much a newby

OK here it is! If you want to grow potatoes in a tub - do you fill up the
tub with soil and then stick the potatoes right down the bottom, or do you
put in a wee amount, plant the potatoes and await their growth. If so, how
do you add the extra soil to bring it up to the top? Do you just lob it onto
the plants which are growing?

Btw the nasties can take a running jump g

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/