Old 17-07-2012, 11:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Honeysuckle problems

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 21:01:49 +0000, JennC
wrote:

I have a honeysuckle bush that, up until recently, seemed to be quite
healthy and was growing well. I had to spray it with insecticide due to
a small spider mite infestation killing off the top portion of the new
growth, and now the bush is seemingly starting to die. Leaves throughout
the bush are turning yellow and any new growth (it seems to still be
sprouting new buds and they're growing rather long) seems to have
yellowish spots. Is my honeysuckle dying or is this type of response
normal after a bug infestation?

I'll bet you didn't read the label on the insecticide, indicative that
you didn't name the product, were you supposed to dilute it? An
ordinary mild soap solution would have worked just fine and harmed
nothing, now you'll lucky if your plant lives. Why do folks have to
use over kill... and I'll bet you're one of those organic vegetable
buying freaks.