Old 18-07-2012, 09:50 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScullster View Post
Hi all

My Elsantas dont seem to be doing as well as usual this year.

Am I right in thinking that in rainier years more growth will go into the
foliage than fruit?
Also, the plants are 5 years old - is it time to replant?

If I do replant, are the new runners from the existing plants likely to be
OK, or should I be starting with "fresh stock"?
Is there a difference between new runners from old (maybe tired) plants and
"brand new" plants grown from seed perhaps?
As Janet says, it's probably old age, but lack of sunshine won't have helped - lots of things flower a lot more if there's plenty of light and sunshine.

No problem at all with using runners; the only benefit from new stock is that you have a chance to change variety if you so wish.