Old 18-07-2012, 07:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_12_] Billy[_12_] is offline

Default Honeysuckle problems

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Brooklyn1 wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 21:01:49 +0000, JennC
wrote:

I have a honeysuckle bush that, up until recently, seemed to be quite
healthy and was growing well. I had to spray it with insecticide due
to a small spider mite infestation killing off the top portion of
the new growth, and now the bush is seemingly starting to die.
Leaves throughout the bush are turning yellow and any new growth (it
seems to still be sprouting new buds and they're growing rather
long) seems to have yellowish spots. Is my honeysuckle dying or is
this type of response normal after a bug infestation?

I'll bet you didn't read the label on the insecticide, indicative that
you didn't name the product, were you supposed to dilute it? An
ordinary mild soap solution would have worked just fine and harmed
nothing, now you'll lucky if your plant lives. Why do folks have to
use over kill... and I'll bet you're one of those organic vegetable
buying freaks.

Showing the amazing talent (once again) of working an unfounded and
gratuitous insult into every post. A truly extraordinary skill.

A true gift. One can only presume that Shelly sees the world through
brown colored glasses; no sweetness, no joy, no wonderment.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

If God wanted us to vote, he would have given us a candidate.