Old 18-07-2012, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Not my most diplomatic moment

wrote in message
Ophelia wrote:
Since when has a rose full of flowers ever been "an eyesore"?!
:-(

I would actively welcome it and would encourage it to 'flop' over my
window.

Looking at her garden, front and back, it's very sterile looking.
Paved with a couple of glazed pots full of flowering plants, the back
garden is all bricked and paved and lawned with a very straight bed
along one side with a few shrubs and bark chippings. Hmm.

Our lawn area is covered with decorative chippings which I hate, but when
you can be away from home for months on end ... I do have bushes and trees
in the borders though and fruit trees at the far end. That gets bad enough
and needs extensive weeding which btw we will address when we get home.

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/