Old 18-07-2012, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Attn: steerpike

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 09:38:04 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

O, in the north
--

Wet here today in soggy mid-South Wales but the forecast shows the
rain clearing tomorrow from the east which is good as I'll be working

Then, if the Met Office is to be believed, dry until at least 27 July.

Trouble is that I'll then be able to get out into the garden and,
after a few dry days, get onto the borders and beds (clay soil so
waterlogged at the moment) to clear out the dead stuff. I'll be crying
as I do it! Anything herbaceous looks like living without flowering at
best; a lot is clearly rotting from the ground up.

But I know a lot of people have been a lot worse off than me so
hey-ho, there's always next year.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.