Old 18-07-2012, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Potatoes

"Kathy" wrote

"Ophelia" wrote

OK here it is! If you want to grow potatoes in a tub - do you fill up
the
tub with soil and then stick the potatoes right down the bottom, or do
you
put in a wee amount, plant the potatoes and await their growth. If so,
how
do you add the extra soil to bring it up to the top? Do you just lob it
onto
the plants which are growing?

Btw the nasties can take a running jump g

I put in about one third soil and planted the spuds in that. As they grew
I added more soil, just like earthing up. Worked quite well, but the spuds
were rather small. If I do it again, I'll only put in two seed spuds, not
the four recommended.

That could just be down to variety Kathy, which variety did you try?
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.