Old 18-07-2012, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Ping: Jake

"Baz" wrote in message
wrote in
:

Baz wrote:
My 2 cherry trees are riddled with blackfly at the tips on new
growth.

Ours were last year, not so bad this year. Obv. all headed for the
plum instead.

Sickening, isn't it!

It is a bit. Last year we were happy to get 6 plums, with the
expectation of more this year. And now we have zilch. :'(

Same with our cherries. All we can do is prune them so the new growth
grows outwards and not into the middle of the tree, and hope that next
year
will be kinder.

We have fruit on our apples but no plums at all

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/