Old 19-07-2012, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chrisjpotts chrisjpotts is offline

Default What to plant on a ditch side

On Monday, July 16, 2012 6:25:06 PM UTC+1, Rod wrote:

If it's reliably moist and has a reasonable humus content you could consider things like candelabra and other primulas, meconopsis, rogersias, great woodrush, sedges like Carex pendula, I'd let some of the foxgloves live, hostas,rheums,Leucojum 'Gravetyegiant',astilbes,aruncus.................. ....etc
This looks like the beginning of a fairly wild (informal) area if you like that sort of thing.

Rod

Thanks for all those Rod, I will look up the ones I am unfamiliar with. I also thought of Gunnera in the very bottom and we could then pretend we lived in a Stately Home. I was realy after something low to cover and retain the steep bank, which is very dry in comparison.

Chris