Old 19-07-2012, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default pea & bean weevil &woodlice

"Luvlyboy" wrote in message

Hi,
Pea and Bean Weevil are having a whale of a time scoffing the Kidney
Bean leaves,any cure advice will be more than welcome, also woodlice are
eating the outer green covering on my cucumbers in the greenhouse which
disfigure them, any advice will me more than welcome,

I got pea and bean weevil on my peas when I planted them out, making frills
on the lower leaves but the peas outgrew them and it doesn't seem to have
harmed them.
They haven't touched my kidney or dwarf french bean leaves. I hear that
derris dust sorts them out, but I didn't use it and please don't take this
advice - look into it yourself.
I've never had any crop damage from woodlice and unless I actually saw them
scoffing my cucumbers, I'd suspect snails/slugs.