Old 19-07-2012, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default can anybody help me identify a plant?

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 19/07/2012 11:59, echinosum wrote:
Stewart Robert Hinsley;964931 Wrote:
Apart from the fact that it seems a bit small - and odd to be in a pot
-I'd have guessed at Buddleia?

I interpreted the description as a herbaceous plant, but I suppose it
could be stretched to cover a deciduous shrub. My stab in the dark is
Nepeta.

The large contrast between those guesses just goes to show how
impossible it is to identify this plant on the basis of the limited
information provided. Generally speaking, if a person is capable of
describing in words such information as would clearly identify a plant
such as this, they are usually capable of identifying it themselves.

I must say my own thought process went - blue/purple flowers, dies down
in winter, takes easily from cuttings ... commonest thing of that
description is buddleia. But at the same time some of the other stuff
didn't really seem terribly consistent, and a lot of other common
blue-flowered perennials around.

My first thought was something in the line of Michaelmas daisy

[/i][/color]
I thought that was a possibility, too.