Old 22-04-2003, 10:08 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Mixing Fertilizer and Super Thrive

is superthrive a bad thing? should i be using something
else?

With the possible exception of the Vitamin B-1 it smells like it
must contain, Superthrive won't hurt your trees. And there
probably isn't enough B-1 to do any real damage.

On the other hand, it won't help, either.

I'd save my money from the purchase of a couple of bottles of
this liquid gold (to the manufacturer!) and use it to buy a large
bucket of Miracle Gro or Peters or Schultz fertilizer.

And yes, we've discussed this often. Andy Walsh did a bit of
research on it a few years ago. If you search our archives for
"superthrive" (or S'thrive, or stuporthrive -- MY name for it)
you should find it. I repeated it here last year sometime.

The manufacturer won't reveal the "secret" ingredients because .
.. . there aren't any. A pretty good indication of a scam is when
the maker of a product refuses to tell what is in it because THEY
(you know who THEY are! Don't you?) will steal the formula.
(Which is what the patent office is for, BTW.) Another
indication is the American assumption that if it stinks (or
tastes) bad enough it MUST be good for you (or plants or, for
veterinary concoctions, animals).

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --