Old 19-07-2012, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default hedgehogs

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 12:46:57 GMT, Baz wrote:

wrote in
:

I meant to post yesterday - I've seen 2 dead hedgehogs on the road
this week, where previously I've seen none (ie, between me and the
station, not out in the countryside). Must be all the slugs bringing
them out.

They must be like lambs to slaughter now, and starving after a very very
long spell in hibernation. I wonder if there will be any hoglets this year.

Baz

Hogs have been out here for some time feasting on slugs. I have seen
two at a time but from the droppings I think there are three or four.
They follow the same paths around the garden each night and always
seem to poop most in the same place, close to my un-nibbled hostas, so
I'm guessing that the slugs are aiming for them but the hogs are
intelligent and are lying in wait.

I have also found frogs under the hostas in the daytime.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.