Old 19-07-2012, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan (BigAl) Alan (BigAl) is offline

Default pond food floatation

On 11/07/2012 07:05, Doug wrote:

How do you prevent the young amphibians moving from the excluded area
into the fish area? I had a similar system but it doesn't seem to have
worked. Also, frogs and newts often migrate from elsewhere and don't
necessarily grow up in a pond.

Doug.

Sorry Doug, I missed your reply/question.
The pond is large enough to have several sections. 4 different levels
and the submersible pump in the lowest (deepest section) delivers to the
top level. I only have fish in the bottom section and the water weirs
and filters through stones which exclude the fish from the upper levels.

Of course a few tadpoles end up feeding the fish, but basically they
have enough space to prosper, until they are big enough to compete.

Al