Old 22-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Tom Gauldin

Default Cub Cadet at Lowes

Chuck, they're OK on a flat lawn. The back flip my neighbor did was when he
started up a ramp. Assuming that the belt tensioner is reasonably good, and
assuming that the lawn doesn't have hills, then the trade off is between a
decent clutch and being able to just trade mowers every few years. That
eliminates a lot of hassles, like tires, battery, starter motor, BELTS and
bearings in the mower housing.

--

Tom Gauldin, Las Vegas NV
NEW EMAIL

"C G" wrote in message
Tom Gauldin wrote:

I've had almost every kind of riding mower/tractor from a typical

Sears/MTD
in the 70's to a John Deere 650 diesel, 4WD. If I've learned anything,

it's
to try the machine out before buying and to get the least expensive one

that
does the job.

I strongly recommend the lowest end mowers- the kind that use a belt
tensioner as the clutch. They are jumpy and can flip over backwards.

You recommend them? Why, cause you like doing backflips while mowing?
:-)

Chuck