Old 20-07-2012, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Garden snails

wrote:
I am convinced that the reason I am finding so many half-way up
my plants is that they are trying to escape the waters. I shall
start to get seriously worried if I come across any freshwater
mussels attached to my beans, but I suspect that it's only a
matter of time.

Snails with snorkels?

I could almost hear the pots of beans screaming not to be left on the
plot as they saw the skeletal remains of their predecessors. :'(
And I pulled up some onions as all of the green had been eaten away.
The volunteer parsnips have made it all a bit leafier and shaded on the
onion patch this year! (And despite being on the other allotment, I
found the first white rot victims today *sob*)