Old 20-07-2012, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Luton[_2_] Paul Luton[_2_] is offline

Default Campanula Carpatica

On 19/07/2012 20:26, Frank wrote:
Is anyone familiar with this alpine?

I have a variety Blue Clips which I planted out 3 months ago in a raised
bed. It grew and flowered nicely, just finishing off now. Meanwhile the
leaves have recently turned from a healthy green colour to a sickly
pale green. I know we've had a huge amount of rain since planting, and I
was wonderng if that had anything to do with the plant looking
unhealthy. I cannot see any new leaves coming through from the crown
either.

I also bought the variety White Clips at the sane time only that was
separately planted into a container, not exposed to the rain but watered
by me. That is also blooming well and seems to have done much better
with the foliage still looking healthy.

Congratulations - I recall being able to grow campanula carpatica but
tries in recent years have been eaten to the ground by slugs.