Old 21-07-2012, 09:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
Steve Baker Steve Baker is offline

Default I'd really appreciate some help in identifying a couple plants

We're in SE Massachusetts, USA.

The first plant popped up in a flower garden. We dubbed it EG (the
Enthustiastic Grower). It's about 8 feet tall.

The second plant (OMP- Other Mystery Plant) came up in the vegetable
garden. That might be relevant because household vegetable scraps get
buried out there. These things have been coming up all summer, but
it's tailed off quite a bit in the last month. I'd say I've dealt with
at least 1,000 seedlings, maybe 2,000. I let this one grow just to try
to get a handle on what the heck it is. It's about 4 feet tall at the
moment. They're mostly confined to an area about 12 feet in diameter,
but their range extends out to close to a 20 foot diameter.

If anyone knows what these guys are I'd *really* appreciate it if
you'd share!! My mother's been gardening here for over 60 years, and
she's stumped.

EG
http://home.comcast.net/~lmnnml/Gard...1-Longshot.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~lmnnml/Garden/EG-2-Flowers.JPG