Old 22-04-2003, 10:20 PM
caged lion

Default Lawn mowers

Thanks for those helpful comments you kind people
John

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Victoria Clare contains these words:

I disagree, unless you have a small estate down to grass.

Grew up with horrible oily, heavy, petrol mowers. Damn thing never
started first time, was a git to manoever over kerbs and round tight
bends, had to be serviced (and got into the car to get it to the service
place) - and expensive to replace too. (snip)

Nah. When we sold our last house, I threw in the 8 yr old sit-on mower
to persuade buyers that they really could manage acres of grass, and
took with us the Hayter petrol mower which I bought second hand,
ex-hire, in 1984. It has been serviced once since I owned it, around
1988 iirc :-). When it rolled out of retirement this spring, it started
on the first pull ( I'm 5ft 2") and cuts as well as ever.

Janet.