Old 21-07-2012, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Flamingo Flower - What's Wrong?!

On 21/07/2012 19:39, simon.wilson wrote:
Hi, I'm hoping someone here can help identify what's wrong with my
Flamingo flower that was purchased at the start of the year.

When purchased this had lovely red/pink leaves, but now has gone yellow
and looks like it is dying?

I have read that this flower likes warm, moist and dark conditions, I
guess similar to those found in a rain forest?

I have fed it, mist the leaves daily, and it is now located in a dark
area of my kitchen at around 16-20 degrees.

Any suggestions on what may be wrong?

Image can be fond here http://i48.tinypic.com/makjt4.jpg

Thanks!

Looks like water logging.
I see that it's standing in a pot, are there pebbles or something in the
bottom to stop water collecting in the bottom and siphoning up into the
roots of the plant?