Old 22-07-2012, 07:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Long hedge shears needed

"Lobster" wrote in message
Does such a thing exist? Seems odd to me but I'm struggling to find any
long-reach hedge-trimmers which aren't petrol/electric/rechargeable... I
can reach all the furthest-away bit of my hedges with my existing kit, but
there's a narrow strip which is beyond my reach regardless of any
combination of ladders etc, and I don't want/need the hassle/expense of
anything other than some form of manual shears just to do those bits.
Distance would be about 1.5-2m I suppose?

Any ideas?
Thanks

We have some loppers with extending handles which would do the job, but, it
would be a very slow process as the cutting area is not very long.

However, how about a DIY extension adaptation with plastic pipe? The small
downpipes as used on sheds and greenhouses cut to length and slipped over
the handles? Held in place for that job alone with plastic tape?

Mike