Old 22-07-2012, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT. Text-enhance

On 21/07/2012 21:49, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 21:23:54 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Chris Hogg" wrote ...

, Jeff Layman wrote:

, Bob Hobden wrote:
I don't know if anyone else is fed up with looking at sites and as you
move
the mouse over the site suddenly another little window opens offering
all
sorts of non-relevant offers. Having got fed up with it annoying me I
found
out that if you go to the site http://text-enhance.com/ you can opt
out.

I wondered what you were referring to, as NoScript stops that happening
anyway!

Adblock+ does something similar. I never see pop-up ads.

I've got "popup blocker" on for both IE and Crome but these are not normal
popups.

Try opening this site and running your mouse over the underlined text, see
if you get little windows opening.
http://www.guyershouse.com/
This is one I remember of a number I've found this these annoying little
windows on.

Er...I see no underlined text, other than the usual sort of link e.g.
click _here_ for more information, and a couple or three pictures down
the side advertising restaurant/wedding/accommodation/conference
offers, Christmas and a sports car weekend. Certainly nothing that
pops up. I'm using Firefox.

I also only see _here_ underlined. Nothing happens when I roll over it
even with NoScript and Adblock Plus disabled.

For me, the link in the OP is not stopped by Adblock, but is stopped by
NoScript (FF14.0.1). For the rollover to work, both text-enhance.com
and jquery.com need to be allowed.

--

Jeff