Old 22-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Stevie Stevie is offline
Registered User

Update:

I tested one of my regular chillies yesterday. Nice and hot!

I think they were just under ripe. It started gentle and built to a nice burn on the tongue and throat. Can't wait for the hotter peppers to grow!

It's a much warmer day today and the plants are basking in the sunshine.

Thanks,
Stevie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
That's great advice Billy, thank you.

It's been a really warm afternoon today and I gave them a good soaking yesterday and the top half inch of soil is just slightly moist so I am hoping it has been a good day for the plants today. We are apparently getting some warmer weather soon so I am hoping they will thrive especially as my Habanero and Serrano are budding now

My Jalapeno are doing well, really tall plant, not masses of fruit yet but what I have is really plump and shiney!

Thanks again!

I haven't seen the pot, but no matter what the size is (echinosum is
right in that you will get a larger yield from a larger pot) you may
also want to paint it black to increase its thermal absorption. Perhaps
a tomato arbor with plastic sheeting pulled over it until the weather
improves. Be sure to allow for ventilation, so that the plant doesn't
get too hot ( 90F/32C) The top half inch of the potting soil should be
dry before you water. If you should happen to have some hot weather,
definitely don't let it go dry.
Too much water, and fertilizer, and the plant will think it still has a
long time to go before it needs to make seeds, and won't set flowers.