Old 22-07-2012, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farmer Giles Farmer Giles is offline

Default What is your favourite vegetable to grow?

On 22/07/2012 11:46, Moonraker wrote:
Not for taste but other reasons, I think that broad beans are my
favourite. They have very few problems and they give three possible
pickings. First I use the tops when I pinch them out as a "cabbage",
then the beans when very young are delicious cooked in their pods,
finally the mature bean give another tasty option. Also they freeze very
well. What other vegetables give such good value?

Runner beans would be my choice. Easy to grow, fewer pest problems and
crops for a couple of months at least - and you can also save your own
reliable seed. What can beat that?