Old 22-07-2012, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_6_] David Rance[_6_] is offline

Default Long hedge shears needed

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 Lobster wrote:

Does such a thing exist? Seems odd to me but I'm struggling to find any
long-reach hedge-trimmers which aren't petrol/electric/rechargeable... I
can reach all the furthest-away bit of my hedges with my existing kit,
but there's a narrow strip which is beyond my reach regardless of any
combination of ladders etc, and I don't want/need the hassle/expense of
anything other than some form of manual shears just to do those bits.
Distance would be about 1.5-2m I suppose?

Try Googling for 'long-handled shears'.

The trouble with long-handled shears is that you have to spread the
handles very wide in order to get the blades to open a decent width,
which in effect shortens their reach, as well as having to flap your
arms a lot as if you're trying to fly!

What's needed is some sort of lazy tongs.

David

http://rance.org.uk