Old 23-07-2012, 07:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Elephant ears as houseplant

On Jul 23, 8:44*am, mkr5000 wrote:
Just bought a couple of huge bulbs for 75% off and was told these will make great houseplants.

I'll get them potted but was wondering -- if I leave them indoors will they stay robust all year long or will they die back?

It's July now, so what can I expect?

What kind of bulbs are they? Name of plant?

Look it up on-line and see in what season they are supposed to be
planted, and when they are supposed to bloom

Maybe this is not the right season; maybe so. You have to find that
out.

If it IS the "wrong" season, you might have to put them in a sealed
jar/bag in the frig. until it is time to plant

indoors vs outdoors, that again is something you have to check by
yourself. Just asking even a friendly NG such an open-ended question
doesn't help.

Good luck!

HB