Old 27-02-2003, 07:58 PM
Sean Nemecek

Default [IBC] Odd distinctions

Andy,
What I was trying to say is that for some people learning by doing is
enhanced by first learning through observation. For these people to jump in
and start doing would be very intimidating and perhaps prohibitive. Of
course the will eventually have to start the repetative actions but they
need the concepts before the physical work can begin.

Personally, I need the theory before the physical work and practice. This
allows me to approach the work with some small amount of wisdom. It also
allows me to know how to correct my mistakes when they occur.

While we agree that hard work and repetition is essential, I do not want to
discount the importance of theory for some people. There is no such thing
as a universal approach to learning. We need to be flexible.

Sean Nemecek - Cadillac, MI - Zone 4b or 5a

"When growth ceases decay begins."

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++