Old 24-07-2012, 02:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
Steve Baker Steve Baker is offline

Default I'd really appreciate some help in identifying a couple plants

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 08:13:57 -0400, PhoenixWench
wrote:

Thanks for taking a look!

For EG you might look at the bottom of this page and then follow up on
the names separately - if you are not getting the milky sap and prickles
there are a couple here that may be your EG - good luck ;-)

Do you mean
http://science.halleyhosting.com/nat...capillaris.htm
, the link you posted in your other message? I'm not sure which other
names I should be following up on. But that smooth hawksbeard only
grows about 3 feet tall (EG was 8 feet tall), and, from what I've
read, it does have milky sap.

I'm thinking maybe EG does have milky sap, but I didn't really
notice because there was hardly any sap at all oozing out of it. I cut
it down, ripped the leaves, etc., off, and cut it all up into smallish
pieces to put into a trash bag. When I was done I only had a few
little sticky spots on my hands, and just barely noticable residue on
the cutting tools.