Old 24-07-2012, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default What is your favourite vegetable to grow?

"Moonraker" wrote ...

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Moonraker" wrote

Not for taste but other reasons, I think that broad beans are my
favourite. They have very few problems and they give three possible
pickings. First I use the tops when I pinch them out as a "cabbage",
then the beans when very young are delicious cooked in their pods,
finally the mature bean give another tasty option. Also they freeze
very well. What other vegetables give such good value?

Shallots. Lots of different sorts, very reliable, excellent return on
the planting, store well and excellent in the kitchen and for pickling.

I am so sorry. I thought this would be a light topic that we could all
enjoy. However I seem to have started a bone of contention. Oh well, that's
newsgroups for you.

As you have probably seen from a recent post of mine we all put our foot in
it occasionally despite posting with the best intentions.
Oh.well, life goes on. :-)
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.