Old 25-07-2012, 08:41 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default cucumbers

songbird wrote:
we haven't grown cucumbers here before.
many years ago we grew them at our other place
but i don't remember the "art" of it as that
would be 30-40something years ago.

which brings me to the question of why one
cucumber out of seven would be extremely bitter?

as it is sliced up and marinating in a mix
of onion, mayo and apple cider vinegar i cannot
tell which slices are going to zing me until
that bite is committed, but i will eat them
anyways. i don't mind them as much as Ma does.
she won't eat it at all.

songbird

I have had the same experience. I don't know why it happens, does anybody
have any good information?