Old 25-07-2012, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_6_] David Rance[_6_] is offline

Default What is your favourite vegetable to grow?

On 2012-07-25 09:47:10 +0100, David Rance said:

Last year was a remarkably good year for me and I managed to produce
a reasonably good wine from the Kerner grape which is not really
recommended for Southern England/Northern France.
Despite the damp weather this year I have seen no sign of mildew yet
(crossed fingers!).
David

The first time I saw rose ushes growing at the end of rows of vines, I
thought "how nice that they want to beautify the vineyards", not
realising they were the canary down the coalmine!

Absolutely! And, of course, the roses are sprayed with Bordeaux mixture
along with the vines!

David

http://rance.org.uk