Old 25-07-2012, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default This years fruit performance.

"mark" wrote in message
o.uk...

I don't know if it can be blamed on the weather but here's my report:

Pear trees (2): Hardly any pears
Plum trees (3): Hardly any plums
Apples: Doing okay
Red currants: Much reduced crop
Strawberries: Disappointing, down by a half.

Slugs: bumper crop!

Anybody else experiencing similar?

mark

Very weather related
One plum loaded as it flowered during a brief few days of fine weather the
Damson next to it flowered 10 days later and has hardly any fruit.

Gooseberries loaded , Blackcurrants hardly any
No straw berries at all
Loganberries good, Blackberry loaded
Pears poor, apples 50% poor 50% loaded
Medlar loaded, Quince almost none.

Don't mention Rhubarb, sick of the stuff, been pulling since late January
and its still huge

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs