Old 25-07-2012, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Moonraker Moonraker is offline

Default This years fruit performance.

On 25/07/2012 10:44, Charlie Pridham wrote:

"mark" wrote in message
o.uk...

I don't know if it can be blamed on the weather but here's my report:

Pear trees (2): Hardly any pears
Plum trees (3): Hardly any plums
Apples: Doing okay
Red currants: Much reduced crop
Strawberries: Disappointing, down by a half.

Slugs: bumper crop!

Anybody else experiencing similar?

mark

Very weather related
One plum loaded as it flowered during a brief few days of fine weather
the Damson next to it flowered 10 days later and has hardly any fruit.

Gooseberries loaded , Blackcurrants hardly any
No straw berries at all
Loganberries good, Blackberry loaded
Pears poor, apples 50% poor 50% loaded
Medlar loaded, Quince almost none.

Don't mention Rhubarb, sick of the stuff, been pulling since late
January and its still huge

Apples very poor, pears poor, strawberries dead in the water,Damsons
total of three fruit, raspberries since the three days or so of sun have
come on leaps and bounds with no mildew now. Rhubarb, loads, but ok with
this family, we could live on it! Read recently that the wet weather has
done wonders and brought the buds on enormously on the hard fruit, so
with a lucky warmer Spring we may have a good year in 2013. Bound to be
better than this year as the Olympics will have been and gone! ;-))