Old 25-07-2012, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_6_] David Rance[_6_] is offline

Default What is your favourite vegetable to grow?

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 Sacha wrote:

The first time I saw rose ushes growing at the end of rows of
vines, I thought "how nice that they want to beautify the vineyards",
realising they were the canary down the coalmine!

Absolutely! And, of course, the roses are sprayed with Bordeaux
mixture along with the vines!

As we saw on another visit!

Have you ever seen them spray along the banks of the Mosel and Rhine in
Germany? Since they can't effectively get tractors up and down the banks
of the river they hire light aircraft to do the job!

David

http://rance.org.uk