Old 25-07-2012, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default This years fruit performance.

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Jake" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 08:51:20 +0100, "mark"
wrote:

I don't know if it can be blamed on the weather but here's my report:

Pear trees (2): Hardly any pears

Nothing on either of my 2 trees

Plum trees (3): Hardly any plums

Plum tree's new so didn't expect anything this year

Apples: Doing okay

I have a grand total of 2 apples between 5 trees

Red currants: Much reduced crop

Don't grow them but blackcurrants and blueberries cropping well.

Strawberries: Disappointing, down by a half.

Cropping really well but I suspect that's because I'm growing them in
tower contraptions rather than on the ground so they don't get
waterlogged and have plenty of air around them.

Raspberries are cropping really well too.

Slugs: bumper crop!

Lost a couple of dahlias but generally not a problem thanks to
hedgehogs, toads, frogs, nematodes and a nightly foray with a bucket
of salt water.

Anybody else experiencing similar?

mark

Plums - none
Apples - a few
blueberries (2 tubs) looking good
Blackberries looking v. good
Blackcurrants looking good
tubs of various herbs v.good

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Plums. So many on the tree we have had to support the branches, but still
very small and still green

Mike