Old 25-07-2012, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Ants..

On 25/07/2012 18:56, Astrog wrote:
Hi all,

I have an orange tree, in a pot grown from a pip 30 years ago. It
normally lives indoors, this is in Scotland.

However we moved house, and I put it outside for a while, it got
infested with ants. So now I cannot bring it in because the wife is not
to keen on ants in her dining room.

Any ideas on how to get rid of the ants and not kill the tree ?

Astrog

The easy and clean, trouble free way is to get yourself a tube if Nipon
Ant killer, put down a couple or so small, flat, pieces of hard plastic
(I use little bits of slate)close to where you see active ants.
Onto these put 2 or 3 drips of Nipon, the ants will quickly gather
round, drink it and take it back into the nest. If they take in enough,
and it doesn't take a lot, a tube will do me at least 12 lots of ants in
the glasshouse.
within 24 hours they are gone.

http://www.oneclickpharmacy.co.uk/ni...l?currency=GBP