Old 26-07-2012, 04:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What is your favourite vegetable to grow?

On 2012-07-24 19:01:37 +0100, said:

There are very mixed views about whether their wine is ever
delicious, but let that pass.
None of those vineyards would say that they can rely on the
grapes ripening enough to make good wine - indeed, the ones I
have visited have all said that they can produce drinkable
wine most years, but some years are a washout (often literally!)

Sharpham and Camel Valley win many awards. The latter has, iirc, beaten
some French wines. I don't know how many you've drunk but we have often
lunched at Sharpham and enjoyed their wines, so we do have some first hand
experience. I'm not arguing about viability, merely commenting.

If I remember rightly (and he is sure to correct me if I'm wrong!) from
previous exchanges I've had with him, Nick simply does not like the kinds
of wine that our northern latitude produces, preferring the fuller flavour
of wines grown in warmer climes.

Just a matter of taste.

Oh, come on! British wine is rubbish.