Old 26-07-2012, 10:42 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Their drought-resistance consists of a) being able to send exceedingly long roots in search of ground water (not needed in UK, but I have seen fig roots in Greek caves) b) recovering well.

So it will almost certainly regenerate, even if it loses all its leaves. On the other hand, mine dropped a lot of fruit last year after a dry spell, so I've now learnt that mine needs a bucket or two of water chucked at it if we've had a couple of weeks of sunshine. Not something that's easy to envisage at the moment.