Old 26-07-2012, 10:46 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate Morgan View Post

Never tried figs, always thought that they were too tricky !
They may be like a lot of things, need attention to maximise the crop, but will muddle along very well on minimal attention.

I don't do anything with my Brown Turkey, apart from cutting back branches in the winter if they're in the way of the path or the dustbins, and making sure it doesn't get too dehydrated in long sunny spells. Brown Turkey fresh from the tree are lovely - much richer in flavour than the blue figs that you can buy fresh in the supermarkets.