Old 26-07-2012, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shirleycatuk shirleycatuk is offline

Default This years fruit performance.

"mark" wrote in message
o.uk...

I don't know if it can be blamed on the weather but here's my report:

Pear trees (2): Hardly any pears
Plum trees (3): Hardly any plums
Apples: Doing okay
Red currants: Much reduced crop
Strawberries: Disappointing, down by a half.

Slugs: bumper crop!

Anybody else experiencing similar?

mark

No fruit trees in my garden but next door's Plum, Apple and Cherry trees are
quite bare of fruit.
In my garden: Raspberries, now fruiting well after a slow start.
Blackberry (only one bush), very promising for a bumper crop with lots of
unripe fruit and loads more flower buds still to open
Loganberry, it's best year so far but not really worth the bother.
Rhubarb, both plants doing really well, shall start freezing it as I'm a bit
fed up with crumble now, lol!
Kiwi, has lots of fruit but I'm not sure if they will ripen because
according to everything I've read about growing them I'm doing everything
wrong!!!
Blueberry, absolutely nothing this year.
Tomatoes, very poor about ten fruit on 24 plants though the greenhouse ones
are doing better now.

Slugs and snails, bl**dy millions of them, they've demolished my Beans and
Broccoli, a couple of Dahlias, nearly all the French Marigolds I planted and
my Hostas have more holes in their leaves than a colander....despite my
resorting to using slug pellets and doing daily 'collections' of the slimy
creatures.

--

Shirley x
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community