Old 26-07-2012, 09:18 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_6_] JB[_6_] is offline

Default It's the Heat & the Humidity!

Here at my place in central Arkansas we've had one measurable rainfall
since May. We're shaded on the weather map as an area experiencing
"Exceptional Drought" conditions. That's the top rung folks, higher than
"Extreme". Heat and drought conditions like this are really taking a
toll. A significant portion of every day is spent watering things to
keep them alive. Some stuff isn't going to make it. The weatherman this
morning predicted we'd pass last year's 18 days above 100 this weekend
and it's still July. Normally the hottest days are in August. sigh

Fortunately we've not had the fires but I did hear on the news today
that a small town (1,200 residents) 40 miles west of me is being
evacuated because of a fire. Please, please don't let one start around
me. I'm on a heavily wooded lot in a rural area.

Fish seem to be doing well. (Knock on wood.)

Going to post a couple of more missives separately to get my post count
up! ;-)