Old 26-07-2012, 11:03 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Frank is offline

Default Lawn Weed I cannot identify

On 7/25/2012 11:45 AM, HerbyPeter wrote:

HellT;965384 Wrote:

Looks like chickweed to me. See
http://tinyurl.com/cpjvjup
'field chickweed vs mouseear' (http://tinyurl.com/blh8xdr)

If you look at the leaves on my unknown weed they don't show any signs
of being furry/hairy.
Also the flowers are never white, always a purply black and they don't
open up as 'normal' flowers.
It never grows higher than an inch or so.

Although it shares some properties with chickweed there aren't enough to
convince me it's the same plant.

Whatever it is, it should respond to a broad leaf weed killer.
I keep a discarded shower spray bottle full of weed killer mix to zap
occasional weeds I can't identify.