Old 26-07-2012, 11:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default I'm flumuxed

"David Hill" wrote

I always throw any left over food, chicken bones etc under the hedge, in
the evening in the one spot, and for years we have had a fox or two and a
badger visiting for them.
A few weeks ago I chucked out a chicken carcass, then went out about half
an hour later with a few more scraps, this would have been about 10pm,
something moved away grumbling, making sounds I've never heard form our
visitors before, it's grumbling carried on till it was a good 50 yards
away.
Then over this last weekend I found a casserole dish of pasta I'd
forgotten, it was niffing a lot, but I thought they would clear it.
I was wrong , in the morning something had scratched all round it to bury
it the same as a cat will cover it's mess.
The area scratched was about a Sq. yard, the next night more covering.
Now I doubt it's a Fox, but a Fussy Badger?
Any ideas?

When you say "grumbling" exactly what do you mean? Was it a pig (or
hedgehog) type noise, or cat like, or dog like?
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.