View Single Post
  #10   Report Post  
Old 27-07-2012, 10:47 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
external usenet poster

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jul 2006
Default Lawn Weed I cannot identify

On Friday, July 27, 2012 12:53:49 PM UTC-4, HerbyPeter wrote:
Frank;965584 Wrote: On Friday, July 27, 2012 3:53:47 AM UTC-4, Using Kmart store brand Broadleaf Weed Killer. I think the Ortho product may be Weed-B-Gone Max. Ingredients are the same. What ever broad leaf weed killer sold in your area should be safe for your turf. They usually contain 2,4D. With products like Weed-B-Gone Max you can google up the label and check it. Ah. I guess you're on the other side of the pond, Frank. Anyway, I'm listening to your advice and found seven which may be suitable so far. Come back with my findings. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- HerbyPeter

Yes, I'm in US state of Delaware. The Ortho label lists grasses that the herbicide should not be used on and sometimes gives higher dilution needed for sensitive grasses. In US there are cold season and hot season grasses. I don't knw what the UK grasses are. The old 2,4D is good on most broadleaf weeds but I have problem with ground ivy best treated with their Max product.