Old 28-07-2012, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default I'm flumuxed

The farm butcher we use for our beef hangs it for 28 day minimum. It's
very dark red/brown when we buy it with yellow fat as good beef should
be, it is always tender and very tasty, such that a 74 year old friend
said it was the best beef he had tasted in his life.
Supermarkets seem to have convinced people beef should be bright pink,
the opposite of what it should look like.

A thing I was very glad about when I worked in Cardiff, The butcher I
had was great, I would go in on a Friday and ask him what I was having
for the weekend.
If he had beef that had gone dark then that was what I would have, he
used to say it was better to sell it to me a little cheaper, as by the
time he had cut off all the dark meat, which he couldn't even use in
sausages, he would make less on it.
I used to get some lovely Ribs of beef.
David @ the showery end of Swansea Bay, 2 short sharp showers in the
last 30 mins.